Dr. J is a highly trained, experienced, educated educator, academic leader, writer, and author.
The following is a summary of my experience and education:
- Academic Educator: 14+ years of experience, teaching traditional and online undergraduate and graduate business courses, with over a decade online teaching experience.
- Advanced Education: Ph.D. Postsecondary and Adult Education, Certificate in Training and Performance Improvement, and MBA.
- Manager of Faculty Development: Trained and mentored new faculty, developed and led faculty development classes and workshops, and served as a faculty performance reviewer.
- Academic Leader: Served as Chief Academic Officer and Dean, Dissertation Mentor, Faculty Development Manager, and Faculty Director.
- Student Success Coach, Facilitator: Served as Student Workshop Facilitator, Student Success Coach, New Student Orientation Facilitator
- Corporate Training Experience: 10+ years of organizational learning and development experience, including Manager of Training and Development.
- Curriculum Development Experience: Extensive experience developing courses and curriculum, including development of graduate and undergraduate courses.
- Career Management Coach: Extensive career coaching and career management experience.
- Scholarly Contributions:
- Published Journal Article: The Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks (JALN), Vol. 18, No 3 (2014), October 2014, ISSN 1939-5256
- Conference Presentation: Transformation of Online Teaching Practices through Implementation of Appreciative Inquiry: 21ST Annual Online Learning Consortium International Conference, October 14, 2015
- Published Author: Four books and 200+ online articles related to adult education, distance learning, online teaching, and career development.
- Served on Leadership Committees: Accreditation Review and Readiness, Student Success, and Academic Preparedness.
- LMS Experience: Worked with online classroom platforms that include WebCT, eCollege, Canvas, Sakai, Moodle, Educator, Desire2Learn, and Blackboard.