Discover a Partial List of Feedback from Prior Supervisors:
Lisa Bellino, University of Phoenix:
“I have had the pleasure of working with Dr. Johnson. He is part of a team of faculty workshop facilitators, which is made up of the best teachers at the university. Additionally, he was chosen among that team to facilitate the remedial faculty workshops that I manage, and only the best workshop facilitators are selected to facilitate the remedial workshops. Suffice it to say that Dr. J is one of the best of the best!
Dr. J cheerfully and fully coaches workshop participants to ensure they have the best learning experiences possible. Even when participants are unhappy because they are required to take the remedial workshop, their survey results show that they appreciate Dr. J’s efforts to help them improve. Dr. J has been a valuable member of my team, and I couldn’t recommend him more highly as a facilitator!”
- The instructor is very detailed and provides a lot of feedback to the students in all areas of the class.
- The feedback is exceptional in the forums and the assignments.
- The instructor is very engaging in the forums and asks questions of the students.
- The instructor does an excellent job of establishing a strong social presence.
- The instructor has very good announcements and gives a lot of information each week!
- The feedback in the gradebook is also specific and very informative to what the students did well and what they need to work on.
- He is very detailed, provides additional sources, and implements those sources within his postings.
I am pleased to announce in all areas of facilitation, you did a terrific job, particularly in the following:
- Managing your classroom where materials are posted clearly, accurately, and consistently.
- Being responsive to all questions within 24 hours of receipt.
- Using a professional and friendly tone throughout the classroom.
- Participating in the required five days.
- Providing timely and substantial personalized feedback.
Specifically, you did well encouraging and motivating your students throughout the nine weeks.
- You created a warm and supportive learning environment.
- You also did well leading by example in that all of your messages were error-free and professional at all times.
- It is evident that you are dedicated not only to the success of your students as well as maintaining the high academic integrity and superior service, which sets this university apart from other higher education institutions.
- Thank you for a job well done and for the time and energy you contribute to this university.
University of Phoenix, 2014
American College of Education
- “Thank you. Bruce. I have truly valued your contributions, writing, and professional ethics. It’s been such a joy to work with you.” D. Lee Tincher, Ph.D., Assistant Provost
About Dr. Johnson
Dr. Johnson has worked in the field of higher education and distance learning since 2005. He specializes in distance learning, adult education, faculty development, and online teaching. His roles have included Chief Academic Officer, Dean, Faculty Director, Dissertation Mentor, Faculty Workshop Facilitator, Manager of Faculty Development, and Online Faculty. Dr. J has also served as a mentor and coach to students and faculty.
Dr. J has a Ph.D. in Postsecondary and Adult Education, a Certificate in Training and Performance Improvement, and a Master of Business Administration, MBA. Dr. J has extensive experience with curriculum development, having authored courses and curriculum for bachelors, masters, and doctorate programs. He has also built professional development courses and curriculum for faculty development programs.
To learn about Dr. Johnson’s background, please visit: http://www.drbruceajohnson.com/about-dr-j
Resume: Bruce A. Johnson PhD, MBA